Individual Counseling with Licensed Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, and Counselors in Okemos, MI
There are times when a person needs more than family and friends for help.
The many benefits obtainable from seeing our therapists include learning new problem-solving skills, plus coping strategies for depression, anxiety, grief, and the stress of modern life. Additionally, they can help you resolve unresolved childhood issues or traumas you may have experienced.
Many clients find that our therapists can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth and family concerns. Often therapists can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem. Our therapists help promote a sense of wellbeing and strength to live with the demands of being a modern human, person, individual, partner, parent, and career person. Some people need assistance in managing a range of other issues, such as low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, addictions, spiritual conflicts, and creative blocks.
Therapy can help provide some much-needed encouragement and help with skills to get you through these periods. The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn.
Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals, and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding a resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
Individual therapy is effective in treating:
- Depression; chronic or acute
- Anxiety; generalized or specific, such as Social Phobia
- Chronic and acute health concerns, including pain management
- Behavioral problems, such as problem gambling, binge eating, internet addiction, and grief and loss issues
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) from either childhood trauma, domestic violence, or other extreme trauma experiences
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder
- Substance use addiction
- Residual effects from family conflicts and/or divorce, using non-violent and useful communication tools
- Parenting skills and knowledge of child development
- Developmental disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Impulse control disorders
Our mission is to help each person reach the goals they have set for themselves and progress in their personal growth. We work with individuals, couples, families, children, and adolescents. We enjoy working with a broad spectrum of social and cultural diversity. Our professional staff includes licensed psychologists, clinical social workers and counselors. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and start on the path to a life that feels better.